Risk management must add value - our experience will help you achieve this
Risk consultancy is the backbone of our business. Our consultancy practice is underpinned by our ethos of making risk information useful, and our core values: trust, integrity and flexibility.
We achieve success by helping clients of all sizes achieve real value from their risk practices.
Our risk consultancy services include:
- Outsourced risk management support for projects, programmes, and bids (ad hoc or fully engaged). For more information on this service check out how we supported a major tender to modernise Royal Navy training and how we assisted the successful Type 31 Frigate bid team with their risk submissions.
- Architecting bespoke risk management frameworks, plans and strategies and providing strategic risk guidance to senior management teams.
- Facilitating risk and uncertainty workshops and reviews at all levels, to support risk identification, analysis or quantitative modelling.
- Helping to enhance/assure regulatory compliance and supporting preparation for internal/external audits.
- Supporting Qualifying Defence Contracts in establishing and negotiating their risk submissions under Single Source Contract Regulations (SSCR).
We are experienced risk management trainers, sharing our best practice approaches to managing and analysing risks in highly uncertain environments. We can help upskill your project teams in core risk practices in order to deliver real and useful intelligence to decision makers.
We offer bespoke training courses in the following disciplines:
- Risk management fundamentals – Sharing best practice approaches to help your project identify, assess and manage risks.
- Practical cost risk analysis – How to use quantitative risk modelling to assess the impact of uncertainty and risk on deterministic cost forecasts.
- Practical schedule risk analysis – How to use quantitative risk modelling to assess the impact of uncertainty and risk on deterministic schedules.
Here is some recent feedback we have received on our training:
This event has challenged my thoughts on how Risk Management is carried out and how it can be developed in the future, adapting the process to the needs of the organisation.
A wide-ranging as well as in-depth look at how risk management has evolved over the years. It asks the critical questions of what benefit is realised, what questions need to be answered and what techniques are most appropriate.
Remote Training Service
As a response to the COVID restrictions, the practice of working remotely using conferencing applications has become widespread.
Redstone and our exclusive business partners The Knowledge Professionals Ltd (TKP) offer a capability to deliver of remote training using a combination of conference and electronic whiteboard applications.
The basis of our approach is to make the remote offering resemble the classroom environment as closely as possible. We do this by using MS Teams for delivery of input sessions and discussions but with the addition of a breakout rooms feature. This enables remote audiences to be divided into smaller groups to work on sperate tasks, with the ability to recall delegates back to the main group to share feedback. Screen sharing within breakout rooms can also be used, and groups can be set up in advance or even during events.
This is combined with a whiteboard app (MIRO) which supports delegates in workshop tasks. We provide secure links to pre-prepared MIRO workspaces framed to support specific task briefed to delegates before or during the events.
The whiteboard supports any kind of group work including planning, problem solving, idea generation and analysis. Whiteboard results can be captured as .png files. Any combination of graphics including shapes, lines, tables, diagrams, audio and video files can be added to whiteboards and delegates can see and edit all content. This app is run in parallel with MS Teams sessions enabling interactive examination and analysis of workshop inputs in breakout or larger groups.
Course attendance records and completion of appraisal forms can also be achieved remotely.
Our remote training services include:
- Development of new remote training events or adaption of existing face to face events for remote delivery, including any needs analysis.
- Remote delivery of complex technical or managerial courses that would normally be run as face to face classroom/workshop events.
- Preparation and administration including:
- Help with delegate briefings including set up of workshop groups.
- Familiarisation sessions on the whiteboard app to ensure delegates can use it easily during workshop sessions.
- Advice on and set up of pre-course assignments.
Want to take this one step further? To see how we can help you understand the impacts of uncertainty and risk on your project baselines, check out our risk modelling capability.
Providing risk management consultancy and training to projects, programmes and enterprises.
Undertaking quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis to support business and investment decisions.
Unlocking the meaning in your risk data to support better decisions.