Defence Nuclear (UK)
The Contract Manager for a major new facility under construction, making up a part of a complex supply chain supporting the strategic defence of the UK.
Timescales and locations:
2.5 years (ongoing)
Reading / Remote
How we helped:
We have designed and implemented the risk process for one of the most significant construction projects for the MOD in decades. We have continued to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholder groups to re-design the project’s risk process and undertake schedule and cost risk analysis to inform wider business decisions, investments, and MOD scrutiny.
We drove change into the risk reporting function by removing overly complex charts and graphs and moving away from language that only makes sense to risk managers. We helped shift focus away from carrying out ‘tick-box’ risk reporting to delivering genuinely useful analytics to the project team at the point of need.
What we delivered:
- Comprehensive risk management database shared on the customer’s instance of Active Risk Manager (ARM).
- Day-to-day risk management support including but not limited to facilitating risk reviews, pro-active mitigation tracking and leading monthly risk updates with the Head of Delivery.
- Bespoke suite of risk-related confidence models to calculate remaining costs, uncertainties, and contingencies, as well as schedule risk analysis (using Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA)).
- Support to successfully pass 2 major external audits from the Independent Projects Authority (IPA).
Benefits of using Redstone Risk:
- Our personable and collaborative approach helped to increase engagement and restore confidence and trust in the risk process.
- As experienced consultants, we were able to establish effective collaboration and joint working between all stakeholders across two major organisations.
- Our bespoke analytics support the strategic decisions of two major organisations and ultimately provides the UK Ministry of Defence with evidence against which to establish their financial determinations.
- We continue to make risk information useful to the senior leadership team through simple but effective risk reports.